A How-To Compile Guide

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:51 PM
Hi,
I just wanted to ask, If you are able or got enough time to write/create a How-To-Compile Guide for your tool cuz I think many ppl would love to compile the overlay by themself - including me.

Greetz
Coordinator
Sep 10, 2014 at 11:28 PM
See below for some quick steps:
  1. Download and install Visual Studio Express 2013. I use the Express 2013 for Windows Desktop to develop the application.
  2. Go to the Source Code page.
  3. Either Clone the repository or select Download to download a zip of the source code. (For beginners, I'd recommend just using Download and downloading the zip)
  4. Extract the zip and open the "GW2PAO.sln" solution file with Visual Studio.
  5. In Visual Studio, select which configuration you'd like to build with. This is located on the tool bar and includes Debug, Release, and Release_WithoutBrowser.
  6. In Visual Studio, select the "BUILD" menu -> Rebuild Solution.
  7. You can then find the build version of the software located in one of the following directories (depending on the configuration you built with):
    GW2PAO\bin\Debug
    GW2PAO\bin\Release
    GW2PAO\bin\Release_WithoutBrowser
That's pretty much it! This is a pretty standard process, so if you have questions, you should be able to find some answers out there on the interwebs.
Sep 14, 2014 at 11:07 AM
What about the missing references for Awesomeium? The DLLs aren't source controlled. Not that they should be. Some download options would be nice though.
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Shoot, nice catch.

Awesomium can be found here: http://www.awesomium.com/. However, I have plans to look for alternatives, as I honestly haven't been thrilled with it.
Aug 11, 2015 at 4:45 AM
After getting multiple errors, I re-downloaded the source and attempted to compile it as is following the above instructions but am still getting errors. I followed the link listed in some of the errors and installed the nuget and it brought my errors down from 7 to 4, but I still getting two nuget errors and two others..... any chance there is something simple I might be doing wrong that could resolve ???

The only reason I even wanted to mess around with the source was to edit the graphics a bit to better match my system so Im hoping it wont be too much trouble to get this working, however I have been unable to find any solutions online so I was hoping you may be able to tell me what the problem might be.

Error 3 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\GW2PAO.API\bin\Release_WithoutBrowser\GW2PAO.API.dll' could not be found C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\UnitTests\GW2PAO.API.UnitTest\CSC GW2PAO.API.UnitTest

Error 12 This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\.nuget\NuGet.targets. C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\GW2PAO\GW2PAO.csproj 985 5 GW2PAO

Error 16 Metadata file 'C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\GW2PAO\bin\Release_WithoutBrowser\GW2PAO.exe' could not be found C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\UnitTests\GW2PAO.UnitTest\CSC GW2PAO.UnitTest

Error 63 This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\.nuget\NuGet.targets. C:\Users\Amanda\Desktop\gw2pao-3.3\GW2PAO.API\GW2PAO.API.csproj 318 5 GW2PAO.API